Maria Gyarmati is a Hungary based interactive media and visual artist. She moved to Budapest 2012, where she joined TechLab in MOME University, Budapest and was working on interactive projects. She produced numerous exhibitions and participated festivals while developing her artistic practice.
She builds her projects based on documentaries and contemporary dance mixed with modern technologies. Also she is working on paintings, using different art practices. Her works are elegant, emotional or surreal. Gyarmati’s works are presented at several Exhibitions and Museums around the world, such as Contemporary Venice, Venice, Italy, Brural Crossroads, New York, USA, Hungarian Museum of Ethnography, Budapest, Hungary, and others.
PARTISIPATION IN EXHIBITIONS, FESTIVALS, CONFERENCES
- 2007-2012 - studied in St. Petersburg State University of Cinema and TV, Department of Interactive art as a Director of multimedia programs
- Sep 2011-Jan 2012 - studying in Eszterházy Károly Főiskola, Hungary - arts, cinema, programming and web-design
- Oct 2011 - attending in Agria Media 2011 Information and Education Technology Conference International Conference on Information
- Jun 19, 2012 - presented poetical interactive project "Look into your heart this day"
- Jun 2012 - attended in XIII "Media Forum" 34 Moscow International Film Festival, presented interactive projects "Lenin" and "Jump" in workshop "Interactive cinema" by Chris Hales
- Oct 16-19, 2012 - attended in Digital Media Arts Forum, St. Petersburg with a lecture "Interactive narrative installations"
- Oct 2012 - Award winner in NetArt category in Digital Media Arts Forum, St. Petersburg with interactive project "Look into your heart this day"
- Nov 2012 - presented interactive project "Look into your heart this day" in Moholy-Nagy University of Art and Design Budapest
- Feb 15-22, 2013 - attended Grass Design Week, design-factory Flacon, Moscow with project "Look into your heart this day"
- from Sep 2013 - resident in TechLab MOME University of Art and Design, Budapest
- Dec 12, 2013 - Jan 22, 2014 - attending the exhibition "New Aesthetics: The constancy of the internal principles " in NCAA Yekaterinburg with diptych "Stereo Dance / Walk"
- Jan 17, 2014 - protection of interactive project "W.A." in MOME University of Art and Design, Budapest
- Apr 27, 2014 - project "StereoDance" is shown at the festival Multimatograf, Vologda in the category Video Art
- Sep 6, 2014 - project "StereoDance" is shown at the festival Busho Film Festival, Budapest in the category Experimental
- Nov 5, 2014 - presentation of interactive project "Nézz körül!" in Hungarian National Museum, Budapest
- Aug 2015 - project "StereoDance" is selected for Festival do minuto
- Sep 2015 - video "Burn The Sea" attended Bideodromo Experimental Film Festival in Bilbao
- Oct 2015 - project "StereoDance" is selected for Bizarre Sound Creatures exhibition
- 25 Sep 2015 - 25 Oct 2015 - interactive project "Wonder around" attended an exhibition in Hungarian Museum of Ethnography, Budapest
- 19, Feb 2016 - project "Mine Towns" presented on exhibition BRURAL: Crossroads of Equality and Irregularity, New York
- Jan-Feb 2017 - project “StereoDance” is presented on Contemporary Venice, Venice, Italy
- Jun 2017 - Publication of the article "Interaction design (IxD); "Wonder Around"-virtual tour based on interactive spherical panoramas" in frame of the international scientific-practical conference "Graphic design: traditions and innovations" by Saint-Petersburg State University of Industrial Technologies and Design